Nationally Recognized-Locally Active!
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
The Voter Learn More
- THE VOTER is the Tri-County Area newsletter for this area. It is published 10 times a year.
CapitolReport Learn More
- During the Legislative Session, the Capitol Report is prepared each Friday by the state League's advocate in Tallahassee and sent to all League members. The Report contains updates on the League's legislative priorities as well as other pending legislation.
League Publications Learn More
- What are the national and state public policy positions of the League of Women Voters?
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
Citizens Guide to Elected Representatives Learn More
- Who represents you? How can you contact your representatives?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
2014 November General Election Voter Guides
The LWV of The Villages/Tri-County Area, in collaboration with the LWV of Marion County, is pleased to provide a Voter's Guide for each of the three counties, Lake, Marion & Sumter, for the November 2014 General Election. These Guides includes Congressional, County Commission and School Board races where applicable. In addition, races for Community Development Districts in The Villages are included.
To view the Lake County Voter Guide, and see who will be on the ballot, click here.
To view the Marion County Voter Guide, and see who will be on the ballot, click here.
To view the Sumter County Voter Guide, and see who will be on the ballot, click here.
To view candidates for statewide office and to for information about the three amendments that that will be on the ballot, click here for the LWV Florida State Voter Guide.
To provide some answers to questions about judicial elections and merit retention of judges in Florida, click here for a Guide for Florida Voters prepared by the Florida Bar Association.
Be Ready to Vote in 2014!
The League of Women Voters of Florida is pleased to re-launch our award-winning mobile and desktop websites for Election 2014: Be Ready To Vote! Click here
to see how easy the League has made it for citizens to find out about voting.
All your election needs right there on your smartphone or desktop in both English and Spanish:
- Find/Call our Supervisor of Elections
- Call to order your Absentee Ballot
- Call to update your address
- Check your voter status
- Find your precinct
- Find your Sample Ballot
- Countdown clock to Election Day
Don't miss a single Election: Be Ready!
Water & Land Conservation Amendment - Amendment #1
The Water & Land Conservation Amendment gives Florida voters a direct opportunity to protect our rivers, springs and beaches, keep drinking water clean, and restore natural treasures like the Everglades--without any increase in taxes
. Click here
to get the facts about this very important amendment.
LWVF Charter School Study
In 2012-13, the League initiated a study to better understand the oversight of public moneys that are allocated to charter schools and other private educational institutions. The League recognizes first and foremost it is a paramount duty of the state to provide for education and that charter schools, while privately owned and managed, are under contract to public school districts, funded by the public and must be accountable to the public. The League does not support direct or indirect tax credit funding for private schools.
Local Florida Leagues from Miami-Dade to Escambia counties conducted studies and held consensus meetings to formulate the League's positions on school choice. The results of each local League's work can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate location on the Florida map below
Additional studies from Broward, Marion and Miami-Dade counties are underway and the results will be published soon.
To view the Final Report, click here.
Check us out on Facebook!